The Art of the Menu – July 1, 2, 3, 2017
The Cherry Creek Arts Festival is a three-day outdoor celebration of the culinary, visual and performing arts. Widely recognized as one of the best outdoor juried visual arts events, the Arts Festival also offers demonstration stages for culinary and visual artists, extensive educational art activities for children and adults, live performances and special curated exhibitions. The Arts Festival is a tax exempt, arts service organization. Any net proceeds are used to improve the annual event, to present educational programs throughout the year, and to assist other related non-profit organizations.
The Cherry Creek Arts Festival is the premier festival opportunity in the Colorado market for promotion of restaurants and exposure of culinary vendors to a highly selective audience. Participating restaurants and food vendors tap into many exceptional marketing opportunities designed to drive name recognition:
- Opportunities to impress with menu samplings before an audience expected to number 375,000 provides a unique, year-round promotional benefit
- Pre-event publicity advertising from media sponsors
- Feature listing in the festival walking guide
- Distribution of a promotional item about your permanent restaurant location or business
According to BBC Research and Consulting, the typical Arts Festival patron dines out an average of 8 to 10 times per month.
Culinary Partner Services
The Arts Festival’s objective is to make the experience of participating culinary artists rewarding, profitable and enjoyable. Services and support provided include:
- Advance consultation and support regarding menu items, equipment, licenses and more
- Extensive personal collaboration to craft exciting and distinctive menus that meet the demands of the public
- Enthusiastic volunteers specifically assigned to assist in the culinary area prior to and during the Arts Festival
- Two prominent ATM cash machines specifically placed on Culinary Avenue for Festival patron use
- Credit card machine support before and during the event
- Culinary booth facade and menu printing for exciting and consistent appearance
- Access to refrigerator trailer space provided by the Arts Festival
- Arts Festival staff dedicated to delivering an exceptional Culinary Program
- Preassembly of booths before restaurants are scheduled to set up
- Two 20-amp circuits of electricity
Submitted menu items will be reviewed by a panel of professionals serving as jurors. Please describe selections as they will be served at the Festival. Decisions of the jury panel are final. Culinary partners may sell prepared food products only. Prepackaged food products are not acceptable. The Festival will coordinate all beverage concessions. Sale of any type of beverage is prohibited.
Culinary Partner Selection
Culinary Partner selection by the Arts Festival is based on:
- Food quality
- Menu desirability
- Diversity & uniqueness
- The challenge involved in presenting your menu in an outdoor environment
- Previous event experience
The Jury will select a maximum of 24 culinary artists for 2017.
Culinary fees for the 2017 event will be:
- $1,800 for each Food Court culinary space plus 15% of net sales
- $1,400 for each Food Truck culinary space
- $300 security deposit, to be returned after the event closes pending acceptable post-event site inspection
Participation Fees Include: Cherry Creek Arts Festival decor and 10’x10′ tent (for food court spaces), menu banner(s), two 20-amp circuits with 2 quad receptacles (additions will be priced according to the service requested), refrigerator space, private culinary vendor port-o-toilets, hand washing stations, grease barrels and waste water barrels.
As an additional way that the Cherry Creek Arts Festival will aid in the success of our Culinary Partners, over 1,000 meal tokens will be offered to Festival volunteers — and these tokens will be valid only at the booths of 2017 Culinary Partners! This has the potential of adding hundreds of dollars to your sales and means that CCAF will pump over $5,000 in cash back into the culinary program. The token value and redemption rate are TBD. Note: there will be no commission taken from these sales and no menu items may be excluded.
- $300 security deposit plus Participation Fee due no later than April 28, 2017.
- Electronic processing is available with a 3% convenience fee for either wire transfers or credit card payments. The electronic payment would occur on 4/28/17 for the complete amount due.
- Payment of 15% of net daily sales is due at the end of each Festival day
Booth space will be 14 feet by 14 feet with a front service area that is 10 feet wide. No sales or service shall be made from the sides or rear of the allotted space or spaces. Space accommodation for special equipment needs will be considered on a one-by-one basis and may be subject to additional charges.
Saturday, July 1, 10:00 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Sunday, July 2, 10:00 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Monday, July 3, 10:00 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- All culinary vendors are expected to be fully operational during the established operating hours
- The Arts Festival has a ‘soft’ opening time because there are no gates. Many patrons can be expected to be on hand well before opening hours.
Cherry Creek Arts Festival Culinary Artists are required to serve on recyclable and/or compostable products. What makes a Cherry GREEN? The Cherry Creek Arts Festival is working with the City of Denver on its ‘Greenprint Denver’ initiative, in conjunction with other major Denver Festivals and the Colorado Festivals and Events Association and encourages our selected vendors to help our cherry to get GREEN. Let us know either how your company plans to become green, or what environmental decisions your company already has in practice. Visit www.GreenprintDenver.org.